Monday, December 9, 2013

Poppies in the Kitchen and Reverse Glass Painting

While exploring Purcerville over the weekend, Evan and I happened upon a Re-Store on its final day before moving, selling everything at 90% off.  Yes, ninety percent.  

Oh, I was excited.  Especially considering how bare the inside of our new little home is still looking. 

I found this adorable vintage chair with poppy print cushion for one dollar.





I also took home a great window for just $2.50, and proceeded to try my hand at reverse glass painting. 

Golden California Poppies, Naturally :-)




Not a masterpiece by any means, but it was a valuable experiment and will certainly brighten up the kitchen.




I also brought home a second piece of glass from the Re-Store - one that's over six feet tall!  I have something in mind for it, but would like to improve my technique a bit before diving into that project...


No comments:

Post a Comment